The SOCLIMPACT PROJECT operates the soclimpact.net website, which provides the SERVICE and the CRM tool, providing the DATABASE.
This page is used to inform visitors to the website regarding our policies on the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information should anyone decide to use our Service, the SOCLIMPACT website. It is understood that, SOCLIMPACT project proceeds in collecting Personal Data through the Service and its hyperlinks.
Furthermore, the SOCLIMPACT project intends to directly provide its stakeholders with resources with attractive and relevant content from the web, as a result of the research carried out on the impact of Climate Change in the main sectors of the Blue Economy of the European islands. Therefore, it is important to have a database that allows us to cultivate relationships with users.
Thus, we have fully assumed the commitment to comply with the current legislation that represents the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679), the Organic Law on Data Protection and Guarantee of Digital Rights (OLDPGDR, 2018) and the Law of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LISEC). All users will be invited to consult the aforementioned regulation, which will be provided for this purpose by the data controller, and will be invited to give the required authorization for processing the data.
WEBSITE: INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends us, called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and to know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to carry out necessary actions.
DATABASE: EXPLOITATION AND MANAGEMENT
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- Relevant findings of the project for your region/field of interest
- Invitation to participate in regional workshops, webinars and other meetings
- Invitation to participate in discussions about possible adaptation pathways for your region
WHAT HAPPENS WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
All data with your personal information will be included in our stakeholders´ database. In this way, our commitments are summarised in eight points:
- The database is owned by the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (data controller), and will be managed under the direction of the Soclimpact project.
- The database will be used only for the purposes of the Soclimpact project and, more specifically, to send you relevant emails, taking into account your explicit consent, as well as the type of link you have with us, in addition to your professional organisational profile.
- The database contains information regarding the name of the entity, the contact person, the address, and more, such as the web pages and social networks of the users. Likewise, we collect information from browsing history and access logs, which we interpret thanks to the use of programs such as Google Analytics and other SEOs. Finally, we store information about the interactions and exchanges that we have had, such as the opening of emails, subscriptions to our newsletter, the accessing of digital resources, etc.
- We have a data controller, as well as a manager and a delegate, who are part of the project coordination team. All these people have been trained and are firmly committed to complying with these regulations, as well as the responsibility of being at your service and responding to user requirements.
- We have cybersecurity systems, both technical and organisational, to protect the information we have about our users.
- Our users can ask us for information about how we use their data. In fact, we have supporting files and reporting systems that could be provided if desired.
- We will not transfer your data to third parties without your explicit consent. We acknowledge that your explicit consent has been given exclusively to the Soclimpact Project.
- The explicit consent you give has a limited duration – the end of the activities of this project, March 2021. If the project activities were to continue, we would have to request a renewal of explicit consent.
By using the Service and be part of the Database you will:
- Be the first beneficiaries of the results of the project (feeding adaptation projects for your island)
- Have access to examples and good practices from other island contexts
- Find possible link with European approaches to the islands and the blue economy.
- Collaborate with a European project at the forefront of current climate research (Soclimpact project);
We may employ third-party companies and individuals for the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service and Database;
- To provide the Service and Database on our behalf;
- To perform other Service-related and Database-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service and the Database is used.
We want to inform our Service and Database users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
RISKS OR INCONVENIENCES
No risk is foreseen.